Nights Warehouse Team Manager
Kettering Kettering North Kettering Business Park, Glendon Road NN14 1UB 52.427664 -0.73579
UK Kettering Argos - 10954
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
The good news is that our continued success and business growth has opened up an exciting opportunity for an experienced and driven Warehouse Team Leader to join our successful team at Argos Kettering covering the night shift.
- Reporting to the Shift Operations Managers
- To manage the operation within your daily area of responsibility, managing a team of warehouse team members.
- Be responsible for achieving operational targets, goals and contractual KPI’s for the purpose of ensuring the provision of an effective and efficient quality service to RDC’s.
- To manage and motivate the team by giving direction and leadership monitoring performance to ensure the depot achieves high performance levels.
- To ensure operational targets are met on a weekly and monthly basis.
- To provide accurate daily information to enable an effective handover.
- Proactively encourage a positive and constructive relationship on site with the union and union representatives.
- Ensure warehouse comply with health and safety regulations
- Ensure any disciplinary action is carried out following company procedure and aim to resolve grievances on a day-to-day basis by leading by example.
- Undertake such duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function and department
- Any 5 from 7 shifts with a requirement to work additional hours/shifts as necessary
- Experience of working within a warehouse environment.
- Knowledge of warehouse management systems.
- Proven experience of supervising / managing a team
- Experience of disciplinary / grievance procedures.
- Ability to work on your own initiative, working to strict deadlines
- A good communicator both verbal and written
- Excellent PC skills
- A flexible team based approach
- General awareness of health and safety
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
UK Kettering Argos - 10954