Swindon Swindon Highworth Road SN3 4QS 51.556794 -1.732947
UK Swindon B&Q - 12721
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Manager to join our team at our Distribution Centre in Swindon.
- This appointment reports to the HR Business Partner with dotted line responsibility to the site General Manager.
- Line Management responsibility for site HR team.
- Responsibility for the delivery of the People plan, ensuring best practice approaches are established and recruitment / selection techniques are utilised to ensure we attract the very best talent.
- Delivering the site HR strategy ensuring alignment to the business plan and customer’s continued growth plans.
- Responsible for the overall management of all H.R. activities and key initiatives, such as Resourcing, Performance Management, Talent Management and Development, Succession Planning, Labour Costs and Legal spends.
- Ensuring a best in class performance against contractual KPI’s, i.e. sickness absence, attrition, safety, etc. through effective partnership with appropriate site management team.
- Supporting the management team with ER issues and ensuring the team provide robust HR support and advice.
- Working together with local union and workforce representatives to develop a positive and proactive constructive working relationship, implementing an employee relations climate of excellence to support the site’s development.
- Ensuring all legislative requirements are met and HR best practice is firmly established within the contract.
- Responsible for ensuring the delivery of the site engagement strategy in line with Wincanton vision and values.
- Being the HR lead for annual pay negotiations
- Supporting the management team in developing plans to improve employee engagement
- Must be able to demonstrate HR achievements in the above areas, ideally in a similar working environment.
- Experience of large scale recruitment would be advantageous.
- CIPD qualification with first hand experience of dealing with complex ER issues.
- Possess excellent influencing skills and strength of character, with the personal qualities of tenacity and resilience required to be effective.
- Have the ability to analyse complex situations and provide workable solutions to a variety of stakeholders, adjusting your style to suit.
- Sound knowledge of employment law.
- Strong communication & negotiating skills.
- Strong organisation skills with the tenacity to work in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates a high degree of verbal, numerical and analytical ability.
- Good communication skills are essential, as is the ability to interact with staff at all levels.
- Committed to providing a high quality and efficient service to support the operation with the ability to align HR to operational requirements.
- Flexible in terms of hours of work and travel where required for the role.
This is an ideal role for an individual who is looking to develop their HR career in a high profile, challenging and exciting environment.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
If you are passionate about making a difference, creative in your style of management, and have a strong belief in engagement of staff, please submit your CV online
UK Swindon B&Q - 12721