Receiving Supply Manager
West Thurrock West Thurrock West Thurrock, Hedley Avenue RM20 4AL 51.480677 0.278892
UK West Thurrock P&G - 11252
A vacancy has arisen for an individual to support the Operations Manager within the PSG and LDLF contracts. The role requires delivery of excellent customer service levels whilst achieving all key performance indicators through ensuring that the packing lines are supplied with the correct materials in a timely manner, and receiving packaging product in an efficient and effective manner.
Health & Safety
- Promote a Culture of Health and Safety Excellence.
- Identification of H&S training requirements for all reporting employees
- H&S training completion for all reporting employees according to pre-identified requirements
- Accident investigations completion according to Company standards supported by the London Contract Safety Leader.
- Prompt escalation of any H&S issue through the reporting line and Wincanton H&S procedures
- Promotion of a culture of open and honest ‘Near Miss’ reporting
- Ensure all tasks within operations are followed in accordance with SSOW
- Identification of QA training requirements for all reporting employees
- QA training completion for all reporting employees according to pre-identified requirements
- Prompt escalation of any QA issue through the reporting line
- Ensure all tasks within operations are followed in accordance with SOP’s
- Ensure all records are completed in full and filled correctly in accordance with SOP
- Correct HR procedures are followed at all levels of reporting
- Sickness is monitored and promptly acted upon
- Proactive approach to people management
- Ensure all Stock Control Processes are in place and adhered to
- Ensure monthly cycle counts are completed on time and in full
- Lost pallets are investigated in conjunction with stock control in full and ‘close out’ is
completed in a timely manner
- Attend the weekly stock meeting with Wincanton / P&G
- Achieve performance targets in line with production requirements
- Ensure performance is measured and communicated to the department
- Flexibility to respond positively and reliably to internal and external customer requests and able to communicate effectively with all levels within the Team
- Demonstrates a proactive approach to raise service levels and ensure clarity of goals.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
UK West Thurrock P&G - 11252