B&Q Customer Service Home Delivery Technician
Southampton Southampton B&Q Depot, 23 Oriana way SO16 0YU 50.9391827 -1.4764026
UK Southampton B&Q
£21,614 per annum inc. Benefits
Wincanton are looking for experienced Customer Home Delivery Technicians to join the B&Q team based in Southampton. You will be working a 48 hour working week Tuesday – Saturday. Working as a two-person crew we are looking for people who have the passion to deliver excellent Customer Service.
We specialise in delivering home improvement products on behalf of the UK’s largest DIY retailer to private households. This role is key to the success of our business and you will represent the face of B&Q to the customer on a daily basis. You will be responsible for delivering exceptional levels of customer service and ensure the customer receives their deliveries in excellent condition, on time - every time.
- To deal with customer queries in a polite and effective manner, not leaving the customer until they are satisfied
- Ensure the customer promptly receives their deliveries in excellent condition every time
- Engage and build a rapport with customers, ensuring a consistent positive message, dealing with queries in a polite and effective manner by phone and face to face at the point of delivery
- Ensure that customers are kept informed of their estimated time of delivery and where issues occur the customer is kept informed at all times
- Accurate and efficient completion of the delivery of stock to customer’s room of choice in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensure all pre delivery checks are undertaken ensuring all required stock is on the vehicle for each customers’ delivery
- Ensure correct and accurate completion of documentation in line with customer, legislative and company policies and procedures
- Responsible for the Health and Safety of themselves and others, completion of dynamic risk assessments, adhering to safe working practices and the Health & Safety at Work Act
- Assist in the loading of vehicles as and when required
- Ensure the customer is happy with their delivery before leaving the customer’s premises
- Check all returns and collections are made and are correct
Due to the nature of the work heavy lifting is required. This includes repetitively handling bulky, weight items as part of a two-person team on a daily basis – i.e washing machines, kitchen units, kitchen worktops. It is therefore essential that the successful applicant is capable to carry out this nature of work.
Experience & Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills both face to face and on the phone
- Problem Solver – Working to resolve customer problems at the point of delivery
- Ability to build rapport with customers
- Takes pride in delivering exceptional customer service
- Be flexible in relation to shifts and duties with excellent timekeeping
- Be smartly presented at all times and have excellent customer service skills and be detail focused
- Be able to provide a time critical delivery service in line with targets agreed with customer and Wincanton
- Must be willing to upskill to a driver in the future
- Must hold an existing Driving Licence
- DBS check will be undertaken
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
Salary and Benefits
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary.
- B&Q 20% discount card (once completing satisfactory probationary)
- Access to benefits portal for everyday discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Training and development opportunities including Customer Service training, management training programmes, management opportunities
- Recognition schemes
- Child care vouchers
- RAC discount
- Leisure Vouchers
- Supermarket Savings
- Access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
UK Southampton B&Q
£21,614 per annum inc. Benefits