Stock and Admin Clerk (Nights)
Harlow Harlow Wincanton c/o IKEA, RDC 240, Edinburgh Way CM20 2BN 51.784174 0.1150521
£22,000 + 20% Shift Premium
This challenging and exciting role will appeal to an individual who is energetic, enthusiastic and enjoys working as part of a team.
This role is to work night shifts, on a permanent basis, covering any 5 days from 7
- Ensure that stock availability and service levels are monitored to the requirements of the customer.
- Have accountability for an accurate stock file ensuring perpetual inventory and other stock counts are carried out in a timely manner and all issues arising are acted upon.
- Conducting stock investigations of both physical stock holding and system balances.
- Interrogation of the warehouse management system (WMS) and reporting of management information
- Assist in the provision of quality administrative support to the warehouse.
- Ensure department operates in line with all company and customer procedures and requirements relating to Health and Safety.
- Escalate issues that are likely to affect the performance of the department the site or relationship with the customer to the Stock and Administration manager.
- Undertaking such additional duties as may be reasonably required for the role.
- Reporting to the Stock & Admin Team Manager.
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience of warehouse / distribution within a multi temperature, stock environment
- Experience of stock management with sound knowledge of stock control systems would be highly desirable.
- Strong IT skills required.
- Good numerical and analytical skills paying strong attention to detail.
- Able to work on own initiative as well as in a team.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Driven by continual improvement and high personal standards.
- The above positions will include shift and weekend work as the depot operates 24/7 therefore, it is essential that you are flexible in your approach to work.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
£22,000 + 20% Shift Premium