Harlow Harlow Wincanton c/o IKEA, RDC 240, Edinburgh Way CM20 2BN 51.784174 0.1150521
We are currently recruiting for an HR Assistant to join our IKEA contract. The ideal candidate will provide a professional service covering all aspects of personnel, employee relations and industrial relations supporting a culture of continuous improvement to ensure that all contract objectives are achieved and maintained through the performance of people:
- Reporting to HR Officer
- General HR administration including issuing offer letters, collating new starter information;
- Maintenance of confidential HR records;
- Dealing with a variety of written correspondence and telephone queries;
- Liaison with central HR and Payroll teams in Chippenham;
- Supporting and working with line managers to manage the sites Kronos time and attendance system;
- To assist with absence recording and monitoring attendance, including long term sickness, welfare meetings and secure Occupational Health support as required;
- Responsibility to ensure that notice boards and room booking are kept up to date and maintained;
- Note taking at Grievance and Disciplinary meetings;
- Contributing towards the improvement of processes/methods of operating practices within the department;
- Assist in the management of the Flexible Working process;
- Producing regular and ad-hoc management reports using relevant IT systems;
- Working safely at all times, promoting a safety culture and supporting the site’s environmental agenda;
- Assisting in employee engaging activities e.g. Induction, Employee Surveys, Vision, Mission and Values, Employee of the Month, Appraisals;
- General office administration and filing.
Experience and Qualifications
- Good understanding of current employment legislation;
- Good understanding of Working Time Regulations;
- Previous HR experience and/or working towards/willing to work towards a CIPD qualification;
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate relevant experience to work in a fast moving logistics operation;
- Applicants must be proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel and Power point packages;
- Applicants must have the ability to problem solve and use their own initiative;
- Applicants must have the ability to maintain high standards whilst working under pressure and to deadlines;
- Applicants must be able to provide exceptional organisational and administrative skills;
- Applicants must be an effective communicator and be able to develop good working relationships at all levels;
- Resilient and persuasive with peers and managers;
- Confidentiality and discretion are essential;
It is an exciting time to join us…Wincanton is a leading Third Party Logistics (3PL) firm, providing supply chain consultancy and solutions to some of the world’s most admired brands in the UK and Ireland.
As the largest British logistics company we work in diverse Industry Sectors such as Retail, Consumer Goods, Energy, Defence, Construction and Milk adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistic challenges. We put our Customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our Customers business’s better every day”.
We employ approximately 17,500 people across more than 200 sites and have a 3,400-strong fleet of vehicles.
Our people are at the core of business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progression, as well as training, enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
With continued success and business growth Wincanton have opportunities for exceptional Candidates…