Wembley Wembley Abbeydale Road HA0 1TW 51.5395354 -0.2858646
Up to £20,000
As a key part of the site team, we are currently recruiting for an Administrator to work as part of a team responsible for the effective day-to-day running of our Home Delivery operation, reporting to the Senior Transport Coordinator:
Shift patterns for this role will be any 5 days from 7, on a 6-2 or 2-10 rotating shift, including weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Assist in the daily running of the Transport operation by completing all administrative and legislative tasks required to maintain performance of the operation.
- To liaise with other departments to ensure all delayed departures and/or deliveries are clearly communicated to the relevant area.
- Dispatching Home Delivery technicians and conducting de-briefs at the end of shifts.
- Accurate completion of paperwork in line with company policy and procedures.
- Collation and input of statistical information for various reports.
- Engage directly with customers to provide updates in relation to their delivery, to resolve queries or provide pre-delivery information as required.
- Support the site with any adhoc administrative tasks that are required.
Experience & Qualifications
- Attention to detail is key for this role as is the accuracy of information supplied.
- Experience within a transport/busy operational environment is desirable.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise tasks as required.
- A positive and flexible attitude to work being reliable and punctual.
- Comfortable working in a pressurised environment and to tight deadline and on your own initiative.
- Excellent computer skills are critical to this role specifically MS Office applications such as Word and Excel and knowledge of Distribution/Transport Systems would be advantageous.
- Excellent customer relationship skills with the ability to develop good working relationships at all levels.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Up to £20,000