Milton Keynes Milton Keynes Chirbury Close MK10 9FN 52.0373592 -0.7049863
UK Milton Keynes
up to £22,000 p.a
Warehouse Operatives – Milton Keynes
Permanent role-40 hours per week-up to £22,000pa- 5 out of 7
We have an exciting new contract within the government and defence sector and now require multi skilled talent to support the delivery of this work.
We are looking to recruit Warehouse Operatives to support our team for an exciting opportunity based in Hayes.
- £10.58ph - Hourly Rate
- £22,000pa – Salary
- Contracted to 40 hours per week
- Working any 5 out of 7 days on a rotating shift pattern
You will be working an alternating shift pattern and you be expected to work both of the following shifts times;
AM Shift - 07:00 to 15:00
PM Shift - 11:00 to 19:00
As a Warehouse Operative you will be expected to carry out general warehouse duties as part of a team to exceed customer’s expectations.
- Unloading Containers – Consists of lifting heavy boxes/items from the container onto pallets
- Reloading Containers – Taking items from pallets and restacking in the containers
- Moving Stock – Using pump trucks or MHE to move pallets to different areas of the warehouse or into racking
Security clearance will need to be gained and therefore vigorous pre- employment vetting will form part of the recruitment process.
- Reporting to a Team Leader, you will be expected to demonstrate flexibility and capability to perform all aspects of warehousing in order to meet all key performance indicators and exceed customer expectations.
- An ability to think on your feet and operate within the company’s values, Excellence, integrity, Passion, Proactively, Togetherness and Trust.
- Work in a team environment
- Complete all necessary paperwork accurately
- Ensure conduct and behaviour to be compliant with Health & Safety legislation and guidelines
- You will ensure all required documentation is completed accurately and in line with legislation.
- Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and operate IT systems as required
- Ensure correct handling of customers products is carried out at all stages within the facility
- Carrying out operational tasks as requested in order to achieve departmental and site objectives
Experience & Qualifications
- Able to provide and understand the need for high standards of customer service,
- A proactive, flexible and “can do” attitude to resolve issues and challenges
- Attention to detail
- PC literate and numerate with good communication skills, an understanding of Microsoft Office is required
- Ability to work as part of a team and also work independently
- Flexibility required regarding shift patterns
- Compliance with manual handling procedure
- Ability to train others to a high standard
- Compliance with manual handling procedures
- 20 days + bank holidays
- Full pension
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
UK Milton Keynes
up to £22,000 p.a