Doncaster Doncaster Rockingham Way, Redhouse Interchange DN6 7FB 53.633134 -0.252186
UK Doncaster B&Q - 12591
Finance Officer-12 months fixed term contract. (Maternity leave cover)
Reporting to the Northern Finance Manager this role will be responsible for the day to day financial and commercial reporting.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Support site GM in day-day finance related queries.
- Weekly Flash reporting including the processing of journals, accrual and prepayments. Understanding variances to budget & flex.
- Monitoring & updating the weekly CI (continuous improvement) tracker & understanding the gap to budget.
- Period end duties including commentary & balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist the Finance Manager with customer & Wincanton budgets / reforecasting.
- Payroll reconciliations in a timely, accurate manner.
- Support all site financial activities in a manner that adds value to the client and the business to achieve key operational performance objectives.
- Ensure financial control requirements are met providing a reliable service to the operation whilst meeting budgetary requirements.
- Ensure a high quality and efficient service is provided both internally and externally to achieve site targets.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Non-Financial Managers by providing financial and commercial direction, two-way feedback / communication and effectively monitoring performance to ensure high levels of service are achieved.
- To communicate key performance targets in all areas conveying facts and ideas clearly, accurately, effectively and persuasively both orally and in writing.
- Build a rapport & develop trust with the customer & colleagues
- To ensure all financial procedures are dealt with timely and efficiently in line with company procedures.
- Ensure confidentiality protecting the client and the business.
- Ensures relevant financial policies are applied &financial records are accurate.
- Understand and embrace the culture of the site and actively participate in developing an open / honest environment.
- Support the site management team providing regular information relating to performance, budgets and ensuring site recruitment plans are in line with budgetary requirements.
- Carry out any additional duties as per the request of the Finance Manager/Contract Commercial Manager.
- Working towards a financial qualification – such as AAT/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Sound financial ledger knowledge.
- Good understanding of all Microsoft Packages and strong Excel skills is essential.
- Strong numeric / literacy skills to A level or equivalent level.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-Motivated and driven individual who has the ability to use their own initiative to solve complex problems.
- As an individual you will have the drive and focus to meet tight deadlines.
This role is based in Doncaster but the successful candidate will be required to work from our site at Worksop occasionally
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
UK Doncaster B&Q - 12591