Transport Team Manager
Northampton Northampton Nectar Way NN4 9BX 52.213068 -0.94683
UK Northampton Sainsburys - 11464
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please note previous applicants need not apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the management of a team of drivers, vehicles and administration staff to deliver the timely despatch of deliveries to our customers stores and provide a store network with a first-class service.
- Ensure all work activities carried out in accordance with legal requirements and company guidelines.
- Operate various transport software to manage and record vehicle activities in accordance with plans and customer requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the Warehouse Team and Vehicle Maintenance Unit in orchestrating the movement of loads and availability of vehicles and trailers.
- Provide reports to Shift Managers.
- Deliver service in accordance with plans and targets set.
- Report and manage vehicle defects.
- Communicate with customer regarding any site issues that may impact service level.
- Deal with internal and external customer and employee concerns and enquiries.
- Interrogate plans to ensuring all work allocated to appropriate vehicles.
- Manage Driver resource, when business requires.
- Carry out Driver pre-and de-briefs.
- Carry out training and communicate planned requirements to Drivers and Administrators providing information on performance, company news and procedures.
- Proactively motivate and guide all direct reports and manage performance when required.
- Reports to the Transport Shift Manager.
Experience, skills, attributes and the person
- Experience within Transport Management role
- Knowledge of computerised scheduling and driver management packages would be an advantage
- Commercial awareness and understand the contractual operating environment.
- Adept at prioritising and organising workload, managing multiple and changing priorities concurrently
- Ability to assimilate and process complex data and plans
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent relationship building and communications skills
- High standard of administration and computer skills including Word, Excel, MS Outlook, PowerPoint
- Team player
- High level of discretion and judgement
- Experience of supervising and managing a team
UK Northampton Sainsburys - 11464