Warehouse Operatives - QC/Re-Packing
Rochester Rochester Unit 5, Kingsnorth Industrial Estate, Hoo ME3 9ND 51.428851 0.599825
£9.40 an hour
We have a number of exciting opportunities for individuals to work in our friendly warehouse in Hoo, Medway, which is operated on behalf of our customer Ikea.
If you enjoy a varied workload and are keen to develop your career in a growing and fast paced organisation, this could be the next career move for you!
Do you care about your environment? We have several initiatives to support our local environment and charities with fun fundraising events throughout the year.
If you are looking for a shift pattern to fit in with your work life balance then we can offer a variety of hours, we have full time, part time, permanent weekends, late, day and nights shifts available.
In return you will receive great benefits making these just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work:-
- 28 days’ annual leave including bank holidays
- A safe working environment
- Focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary
- Access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Various optional schemes and discounts you may wish to join
The role of the QC/Re-packing Operative is to carry out quality checks on products picked for delivery reporting any damages or errors. They are also responsible for re-packing products that are in damaged packaging in addition to other Warehouse duties deemed appropriate.
- Working in a team environment in a safe manner adhering to site Health & Safety regulations and Safe Systems of Work
- Ensuring Quality is of the highest standards, checking a percentage of all orders are correct with no damages so that orders sent out arrive at our customers in perfect condition
- Ensuring all errors/damages found are reported correctly
- Operating Mechanical Handling Equipment
- Any damaged packaging is identified and products are re-packed using our packing machine and replaced in the picking area
- A range of duties to support the operational efficiency and general housekeeping and hygiene standards of the warehouse and site
Experience and Qualifications
- Previous warehouse experience is desirable but not essential
- Ability to read and understand instructions
- Ability to count accurately to enable the correct checking of stock
- Have appropriate hand, eye and foot coordination to effectively use mechanical handling equipment safely
- You will be reliable, self-motivated, a strong team player and will have a flexible approach to work
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
£9.40 an hour