Finance and Payroll Assistant
Lichfield Lichfield Unit 1, Fradley Park WS13 8LQ 52.7137208117 -1.7729702001
UK Screwfix Lichfield - 11497
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
The good news is that our continued success and business growth has opened up a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, ambitious and engaging Finance & Payroll Assistant to join our successful Screwfix contract at site in Lichfield (Fradley Park).
Screwfix (part of the Kingfisher group) have over 500 Trade Counters as well as a full ecommerce next day service. We operate over 2m sq ft of warehousing and have 2,500 colleagues and 350 trailers dedicated to the contract. Fulfilling multi-channel solutions designed around the customer experience, the growth of the Screwfix business has been 14% year on year.
This challenging role will be the perfect opportunity to become part of a fantastic team with a customer that continues to realise its ambitious growth
- Reporting to the Site Accountant.
- Assist in the preparation of Customer weekly accounts and KPI's.
- Responsibility for Time & Attendance and payroll information and associated reporting (including payroll processes, payroll checks and pay query resolution).
- Support the Assistant Accountant in completion of Wincanton weekly and month end accounts, balance sheets and open book reconciliations.
- Assist with data gathering to support the collation of annual budget and quarterly forecasts. Support the Assistant Accountant with the Wincanton purchasing process.
- Produce and develop operational reports for the Customer.
- Produce site reports, statistics and support with KPI monitoring.
- Develop new reports to aide management as required.
- General associated admin duties and support for other positions within the Finance Team such as events support, reception cover and hospitality.
- Previous experience gained within a finance or payroll role would be a distinct advantage.
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel skills necessary including the ability to create complex formulae.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Have an eye for detail and be proactive, with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a wider team.
- Ability to learn several systems quickly and thoroughly.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to develop effective relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Conscientious, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Be able to communicate clearly on all levels and remain professional under pressure.
- Ability to work within a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a free fully fitted gymnasium, company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
The role provides an excellent opportunity to join a high profile and challenging contract.
If you are passionate about making a difference, creative in your style of management, and have a strong belief in engagement of staff, please submit your CV online.
UK Screwfix Lichfield - 11497