Class 1 Driver
Worksop Worksop Roebuck Way S80 3EG 53.294697 -1.0649179
UK Worksop Wilko
Up to £38,936.72
PERMANENT ROLE – CLASS 1 - up to £38,936.72 pa
We are seeking qualified Class 1 Drivers to join our team working on our Wilko contract based out of Worksop, Nottinghamshire.
- £12.23 ph - For hours worked between Sunday 22:00 to Friday 21:59
- £16.31 ph - For hours worked over 50 hours
- £18.34 ph - For hours worked between Friday 22:00 to Saturday 21:59
- £21.40 ph - For hours worked between Saturday 22:00 to Sunday 21:59
- Contracted to 46 hours however on average you will work 50 hours per week
- Working any 5 out of 6 day
- Working at least 1 weekend day each week
Various shifts available. PLEASE NOTE - Shifts are on a rotation and you may be asked to start at ANY TIME during your time band
£34,535.12 - Based on Tuesday to Saturday shift, working 50 hours per week, starting at either 02:00 or 10:00 and working 1 day every weekend
£38,936.72 - Based on Saturday to Wednesday shift, working 50 hours per week, starting at 02:00 and working both weekend days
Basic Salary - £29,254.16pa - Based on 46 hours worked
What will I be doing?
- You will be responsible for the accurate and timely movement and delivery of our customers’ products, servicing the General Merchandise sector
- Ensuring all documentation is completed accurately, and that use of any point of delivery technology is used with attention to detail
- Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times
- A flexible approach to working patterns and start times as dictated by the needs of the business, and willing to spend nights away from base when required
- Complying with all relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive requirements
Experience & Qualifications
- Must have valid in date Class 1 licence
- Must have valid in date CPC
- Must hold Digital tachograph card
- Must not have more than 6 points on licence
- Right to work in the UK - Passport or Full Birth Certificate
- Experience of retail driving preferred
- Possess excellent customer facing awareness skills
- Good timekeeper and able to work unsupervised
- Enthusiastic and reliable with a commitment to delivering 1st class customer service
- Must have good communication skills and a flexible can do attitude to work
- Must have a good geographical knowledge
£500 for recommending a driver friend and your friend also gets £250.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include full uniform, safety equipment, Wilko discount card, access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
UK Worksop Wilko
Up to £38,936.72