Kingswinford Kingswinford 30 First Avenue, Pensnett Estate DY6 7UD 52.509699 -2.148406
UK Kingswinford Development - 10593
Wincanton is currently recruiting a Compliance Manager to provide management systems support and guidance to all regional Defence business unit contracts across the South regions.
The role will carry the responsibility of ensuring the high Health & Safety standards that the business unit has achieved. This includes providing guidance and assistance for the sites preparation for Wincanton internal H & S governance audits, the expected level of performance is a 95% score.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for Continuous Improvement of the business unit management systems including Quality, Environmental, H&S and any other certification deemed a requirement for the correct functioning of the business unit. These systems are a key driver in the success of the business unit to achieve best in class status and SC21 accreditations. Systems used will be Microsoft office including, Visio, Project and any relevant customer systems..
Performance for this role will be measured on the success of achieving the targeted accreditations, as the Major Objectives denote, and personal targets set through the Business PCDR process.
Internal interfaces will consist of liaison with all levels of management, within the business unit and other Wincanton areas. External interfaces will be with providers to the business unit and contact with customer representatives will be the key to establishing customer defined goals for certifications.
- Liaison with all operational teams to ensure best practice is passed and implemented across all sites and all regions.
- Liaise with customer representatives and enforcement authorities as required.
- Advise on the development of site competent safety people, and Compliance representatives to ensure appropriate training requirements are identified.
- Review Performance KPI’s with the Head of Compliance - Defence.
- Responsible for the maintenance of LRQA / customer certifications for the Defence business unit region, coordinate site audits and inspections.
- Implement QHSE standards on new sites within the Defence business unit.
- Monitor and respond to Customer Complaints, as applicable, raising associated corrective / preventative actions.
- Monitor and record internal quality performance with emphasis on Continual Improvement and problem identification / resolution.
- Support sites to establish procedures and process to ensure compliance with current legislation and achieve improvements.
H&S and Environment:
- Provide expert support to site management at all levels within defence, to ensure implementation and compliance with Group H & S policies and processes.
- Support sites to achieve and sustain targets for MSS performance and drive a tangible improvement in H & S performance, including Near Miss.
- Assist with the establishment of site procedures to comply with current legislation and achieve improvements.
- Work with site management, to develop and implement plans to address all H&S issues resulting from poor performance.
- Lead safety initiatives within the region Defence Business Unit.
- Ensure defence sites carry out accident investigations for all incidents.
- Analyse performance of defence sites metrics, using the reporting system to identify main accident causes and trends, ensuring these are addressed in the development and implementation plans.
- Will impartially investigate serious accidents and incidents that have taken place or have been recorded in the Accident and Near Miss Books, for other regions. Must ensure correct procedures are followed, immediate and preventative actions are established.
- Establish and identify the Environmental aspects and impacts of operations, using the agreed format for the Environmental Survey.
- Identify all legal and other requirements and set Objectives and Targets within an agreed management programme.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Mobility, Flexibility, Travel - Based at the Kingswinford site, unless otherwise agreed with the HoC, with extensive travel to other U.K locations including overnight accommodation in hotels. Occasional overseas travel may be required.
- Qualifications, Training, Experience - Proven management and analytical skills, change management experience and in-depth knowledge of business tools and techniques including project management and implementation.
- Occupational Experience - Proven track record in data analysis, operational solution development and project management experience. Operational, technical and man management experience as well as exposure to continuous improvement techniques would be advantageous.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
UK Kingswinford Development - 10593