Chippenham Chippenham Methuen Park SN14 0WT 51.445851 -2.147076
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189
We are recruiting for a Procurement Manager (Premises and Facilities) to join our Central Procurement team. The successful candidate will be responsible for strategically managing the premises and facilities expenditure at the appropriate level, adopting best practice Procurement processes to identify key areas of opportunity, maximising benefits and returns.
- Support the development of a robust Procurement strategy and negotiate new best-in-class agreements in conjunction with Wincanton stakeholders.
- Lead cross-functional teams in the development and implementation of strategic sourcing plans. Continually evaluate/identify Company requirements following full spend and specification analysis to ensure that developed procurement strategies are aligned with the Wincanton business.
- Provide procurement expertise to negotiate optimum supply terms, formalise supply contracts and implement suitably authorised, acceptable, preferred/approved supply arrangements to satisfy Company strategy and business needs.
- Develop, measure and monitor KPI's, Supply Level Agreements and continuous improvement for category through quarterly reviews with suppliers. Work closely with the operations in order to deliver a robust supplier management programme that can be delivered on an on-going basis.
- Continually strive to improve supplier performance through internal feedback and a close working relationship with suppliers and internal customers.
- To deliver ongoing benefits to the internal and external customer through supplier management and to implement and maintain new policies and procedures and ensure that best practice Procurement processes are continually developed and used across all aspects of the role.
- Develop and maintain a high level of market knowledge, awareness and representation in the key supply markets in project categories.
- Monitor site compliance with central agreements by requesting supplier reports, carrying out site visits, liaising with Group Audit and escalating within relevant business area as necessary.
- Manage all central agreements by facilitating the maintenance of the central database of contracts, central systems, pricing details and other legal documentation.
- Develop close working relationships with the operations and support functions, including site/depot General Managers, and other relevant stakeholders as well as external customers where applicable to better understand their requirements and issues. This will involve regularly visiting sites and leading/attending meetings.
- Support the business by providing professional procurement advice and support for business development opportunities with new and existing customers on an on-going and ad-hoc basis.
- To rationalise the supply base to a manageable level and maximise Wincanton’s profitability whilst fully understanding the operational requirement and thereby minimising risk and liabilities
- Design, monitor and maintain Procurement Policies and Procedure ensuring adherence, from supplier selection, tender formats, specifications, analysis, signoffs, brief outs and supply agreements in accordance with the Category Review Process.
Skills, Experience & Attributes
- MCIPS qualified or studying towards
- Excellent commercial and negotiation skills are essential.
- Experience of procuring categories of wide variety, spend and complexity desirable
- Experience of procuring facilities management, premises related consumables/services at an operational level will be advantageous
- A good level of relevant market knowledge will be advantageous
- Ability of gaining knowledge quickly.
- Supplier Management experience.
- Previous experience of working in a Corporate Procurement environment, ideally looking after indirect categories
- Experience of working to procurement governance and delivering value in an operational environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400-strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189