Join us as an LGV Technician!
Hours - Monday to Friday, 06.00-14.30 and 14.00-22.30, Alternate weeks
£14.58 per hour Basic
£17.49 per hour for Evening Shift
We are recruiting for HGV Technicians to join our Pullman Business who provide Commercial Vehicle Maintenance and Fleet Management across the UK. The successful candidate will ensure the most efficient and highest possible standard of mechanical and electrical repair, preventative maintenance and modification of customer vehicles and related ancillary equipment. You will have responsibility for the safety of the working environment and all colleagues/persons within it and work as part of a team to ensure the workshop operation achieves its objectives and targets
- Undertake comprehensive and preventative maintenance and repair standards
- Correct fault diagnosis to ensure replacement parts are fitted correctly and warranty claims are in line with terms
- Working within the company safe systems of work and ensuring that quality and performance are maintained at all times
- Dealing professionally and proficiently with all enquiries and completing job cards and service sheets in a timely manner
- Undertake diagnostic analysis where appropriate
Skills, Experience & Attributes
- Applicants should be suitably qualified and have experience in heavy commercial vehicle maintenance, repair and diagnostic
- Have practical understanding of using information technology and systems to deliver objectives
- Be safety aware and committed to a right first time ethos
- Experience of working in a fast paced and demanding customer environment, with a flexible approach towards meeting the needs of the customer
- Enthusiastic, with the ability to work on your own initiative, remaining focused and consistent and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Demonstrates commercial awareness and has a good understanding and experience of a busy workshop operating environment
Pullman, part of the Wincanton Group, is the largest independent provider of Commercial Vehicle Maintenance and Fleet Management in the UK with an enviable track record stretching back over 30 years. We have a national network of over 38 HGV/LCV service centres, over 150 mobile service vans and in excess of 600 trained technicians. Offering service excellence, we are trusted by many of the UK’s largest commercial fleet operators to keep their businesses on the move.
As well as repairing all makes and variants of commercial vehicles, Pullman is a leading player in transport refrigeration and tail lift servicing. We also have a national customer service centre, which operates 24/7/365 to provide ‘best in class’ fleet management solutions, as well as outstanding roadside assistance services for commercial fleets.
Our people are the driving force behind the success of our business and we have a team approach with a real passion for delivering excellence to our customers and innovatively developing our business in partnership with existing and potential customers… we’re one step ahead.