Class 1 Driver (Bulk & Bagged Cement)
Dagenham Dagenham Freighliner Rail Depot, Chequers Lane RM9 6PT 51.5306964 0.147848
OTE £35,654.40 per annum
PERMANENT ROLE - Monday to Friday – up to £35,654.40 per annum
We are looking for committed and reliable Class 1 Driver’s based at Breedon Dagenham, delivering bulk & bagged cement.
Weekly pay and full training is provided.
This is a permanent role on £12.93 per hour with the following benefits:
- £19.40 - Saturday rate
- £25.86 - Sunday & Bank holiday rate (BH - a day off on top)
- Start times between 0400 – 0600 (average 50 hours per week)
- Shift pattern - Monday to Friday + Optional Saturdays
- Minimum 2 nights out per week
- Night out allowance - £26.60 per night
Our parking location is based in West Thurrock and our fleet consists of both bulk powder vehicles and curtain sides.
Basic Salary – £26,894.40 per annum – based on 40 hours a week and no uplifts
Potential Salary – £35,654.40 per annum – based on 50 hours and 2 nights out per week
- You will be responsible for the accurate and timely movement and delivery of our customers’ products, servicing the Construction sector.
- Ensuring all documentation is completed accurately with attention to detail.
- Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times.
- Complying with all relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive requirements.
Experience & Qualifications
- Must hold a valid in date Class 1 licence
- Must hold a valid in date CPC licence
- Must hold a digi card
- Must have no more than 6 points on your licence
- Must be fully flexible on working hours
- Must be H&S conscientious
- Possess excellent customer facing awareness
- Good timekeeper and able to work unsupervised
- Enthusiastic and reliable with a commitment to delivering 1st class customer service
- Must have good communication skills and a flexible ‘can do’ attitude to work
- Must have a good geographical knowledge
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
OTE £35,654.40 per annum