Warehouse Team Leader
Hayes Hayes UB3
24k - 27k (depending upon experience)
A vacancy has arisen within our Defence Business Unit for a Warehouse Team Leader, based at our Hayes site.
- Delegation of daily operational tasks, ensuring workloads are processed efficiently and labour resource utilised effectively
- Liaising with customers to ensure that all KPI’s are exceeded and business demands are fulfilled
- Supporting shop floor activities during busy periods and absences
- Liaising with suppliers for inbound and out bound deliveries
- Ensure all work meets with the customer’s specification, the production plan and the required quality standard
- Ensure one-to-one communication with the customer is maintained in a timely and professional manner, to ensure that customer priorities are discussed, agreed and achieved through daily workload planning
- Recording and reporting of daily/weekly KPI’s/Hours/Overtime, as required
- Maintain good housekeeping practices throughout the working areas
- Ensure that all new team members undergo a full induction and training process
- Actively pursue Continuous Improvement activities
- Communicate with the team members on all matters relating to their involvement in the Company’s business, including regular team briefings
- Ensure all appropriate paperwork and IT procedures are adhered to
- Identify any training/development requirements and notify your line Manager
- Ensure appropriate work instructions and SSOW are in place and team members adhere to them
- Carry out additional tasks agreed with your line manager
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proactive and driven- a hands on professional who has experience of leading a team within a demanding environment
- Experience of managing a start-up would be an advantage
- Conscientious with good attention to detail
- Excellent people and customer service skills- this role has a large customer focus, so an ability to be sensitive to customer needs whilst maintaining a professional approach is essential. Also having the skill to lead and motivate the team to achieve KPIs
- Flexibility to meet operational requirements
- Prior experience of the rail industry would be an advantage
- Organised with the ability to prioritise workloads
- Excellent IT skills- the role involves the use of warehouse management systems, e mail and Microsoft based packages
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please note a level of security clearance is required for this role and any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory, relevant checks.
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
24k - 27k (depending upon experience)