Class 1 Crane Driver
Ashbourne Ashbourne Wincanton c/o Smith-Hall Lane, Hulland Ward DE6 3ET 53.0061628 -1.6085673
Up to £39,081.42pa
PERMANENT ROLE - Monday to Friday – Class 1 Crane Driver – up to £39,081.42pa
We are looking for committed and reliable Class 1 Crane Driver's, to join our Aggregate Industries contract based out of Ashbourne.
This is a permanent role paying £11.91ph with the following:
- 14.18ph – For hours worked on Bank Holidays
- £24.70 – Per night out
- £50 – Per week for HIAB Licence holders
- Start times between 05.00 – 06.00
- Shift pattern - Monday to Friday
- 23 days holiday
- Minimum of 2 nights out per week, however 4 nights out a week would be IDEAL
- £1000 Joining bonus - £500 paid after 3 months & a further £500 paid after 9 months
NEW DRIVERS WITH A CRANE LICENCE OR ALLMI ACCREDITED WILL BE CONSIDERED
You will be required to deliver Block paving and general concrete products to construction sites within the UK.
Basic Salary - £30,496.40– Based on 45 hours a week only and no uplifts
Potential Salary - £36,759.62pa - Based on 52 hours, Weekly HIAB allowance and 2 nights out per week
Potential Salary - £39,081.42pa - Based on 52 hours, Weekly HIAB allowance and 4 nights out per week
What we expect from our drivers
- You will be responsible for the accurate and timely movement and delivery of our customers’ products, servicing the Construction sector.
- Ensuring all documentation is completed accurately with attention to detail.
- Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times.
- Complying with all relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive requirements (opt out available).
Experience & Qualifications
- Must hold a valid Class 1/HGV1 licence
- Must hold a valid driver CPC and Digi tacho card.
- Must not have more than 6 points on licence.
- Must have a HIAB/Crane licence or ALLMI Accredited.
- Must be fully flexible on working hours.
- Must have a good geographical knowledge.
- Ideally have 6 months driving experience but new drivers with a crane licence will be considered.
£500 for recommending a driver friend and your friend also gets £250
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Up to £39,081.42pa